Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Biking In New Paltz

This past fall, I bought a used rental bike from The Bicycle Depot in New Paltz. It's a Specialized 2008 Rockhopper, and in good condition. I was only able to use it a couple times before the weather turned cold, but I am looking forward to using it alot in the Spring. I rode on the Wallkill Valley Rail Trail, which runs from Gardiner at the Shawangunk town line, through New Paltz, and ends in Rosendale. The trail is part of the Hudson River Valley Greenway System, and is about 15 miles. One two different days I headed from New Paltz to Rosendale, about 12 miles, and from New Paltz to Gardiner, riding back along Rt. 209.

Historical background of the Rail Trail




















Photos


Bridge in Rosendale


View of the Wallkill River

Rosendale


Rail Trail

Farms along trail going towards Gardiner

Apple orchard along Rt. 2o9


No comments:

Post a Comment